Potential treatment areas are:
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s disease
- Lungs – ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome). An acute inflammatory condition with respiratory failure which, all too often, strikes younger people.
- Vocal cords (postoperative scarring)
- Frailty and heart failure
- Transplant supportive treatments
Applications to be allowed to commence clinical trials for vocal cords and ARDS will be submitted in the autumn of 2019, with a planned start at the beginning of 2020. The trials are to be carried out as academic studies, but StromaBio owns the intellectual property rights that are necessary for commercial use.
StromaBio needs donors in order to be able to carry out its clinical trials.
United Arab Emirates
StromaBio has commenced cooperation with the Department of Health – Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Health Services, and UAE University. The cooperative effort consists of the parties having started a jointly-owned company which will produce stromal cells and conduct clinical trials/treatments in Abu Dhabi. The market in the region is sizable, as is the interest in quickly applying modern treatment methods.
The company intends to charge for treatments and to license the right to cell production and treatment concepts. Takura’s management is of the opinion that the scalability offers significant opportunities.